Investing in a website’s design is like investing in your company’s storefront. The design needs to represent your company’s brand, be pleasing to your visitors, and be easy to navigate.
Users can take 50 milliseconds looking at your site design to judge your business. Without optimized web design, your website visitors may take a quick glance and then leave to check out your competitors instead.
In this article, we will run you through how you can design your site to attract visitors and convince them to make a purchase that converts them into customers.
Choosing Simple Design Elements and Choices
By definition, a good website design is simple and makes sense to users. People are using your site to get something done. They’re looking for information on products or services, so your design needs to be as clear and straightforward as possible.
People may get distracted when there are too many elements or too many choices available on your site. It is best to keep your navigation bar as minimalistic as possible and remove stocky images and features.
Don’t be afraid of using white spaces, and be wary of bulky fonts.
Your page should be simple and highlight the call-to-action you want your visitors to do.
Offering Real-Time Customer Support
Not many users would stick around a poor product or service. The same goes down for your website. Visitors will not stick around on a website that doesn’t offer real-time customer support or a live chat.
Various live chat tools and chatbots can help businesses handle customer queries 24/7. AI-powered chats can recognize keywords in messages and respond with smart responses.
Besides offering customer support, you can also use these bots to qualify, route, and convert visitors to improve your sales.
Refining Your Design Elements
It’s not just a good design that matters, but a good design that is pleasing to users and helps them navigate your site.
You can optimize the following design elements to minimize the bounce rates of your visitors:
- Images should be optimized to the size ideal for your website loading speed while offering high quality. Visitors also prefer seeing pictures with human faces that impart a sense of sympathy.
- Typography should be legible, readable, and appealing. You may have to pay attention to the type of font you are using, the font sizes, and the spacing in your text.
- White or negative spaces should increase focus on certain web elements.
- Make your call to action clear and stand out on your page.
Improving Your Website’s SEO
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is an essential part of your website design. You can optimize your site to help you rank higher in search engines. You may want to look into optimizing the following:
- On-page optimization includes using relevant keywords and topics, observing content structure that is readable to search engine crawlers, having fast site loading speeds, and creating a site that is responsive for all devices.
- Off-page optimization includes earning backlinks from authoritative websites and benchmarking the strategies of your competitors.
SEO is a complex field that requires expertise and experience. It is best to seek the help of a professional web designer to ensure that your web design is optimized for search engines.
Your website is your first impression as a business to your potential customers. A good design can promote your business, allow you to connect with your customers, and deliver the right message to your customers.
Follow the tips shared in this article to design your site in a way that attracts visitors, helps them navigate through your site, and converts them into customers.
Are you looking for a web design agency to help you build your dream website? I, Brian Schnurr, can help you create fast websites that rank high in search results and convert to sales. Schedule a call with me to learn more!